This is primarily because of the way my backdrop and fascia turned out. As you can see in my previous post here.
But when I went to measure I discovered it's "only" 3/4" off:
Now that may not seem like a lot, and in the pictures perhaps you don't really get the full effect. But in this photograph you'll see what I mean:
That's quite a slope - especially when you compare it to the prototype here:
|(apologies for the picture of a picture but this is just a quick drive-by post)|
So, I'm contemplating redoing the fascia somehow and after discussing things with Randy and Roman last Thursday I am seriously considering just laminating another piece of fascia over top of this one and bringing things up to level.
Fortunately, with benchwork you only have to do things once and you want them to be done right. Well, I guess you only need to do things twice(!) but then at least I should be really done and I think it will look a lot better.
Stay tuned to see how it turns out!