You see, I'd attached the "love handle" in a location on the back of the throttle that I found comfortable - but unfortunately, it wasn't until the adhesive was firmly secured that I realized that the throttle wouldn't seat all the way in the holder. UGH!
No worries though - I figured I'd make short work of modifying the holder to accommodate the throttle & handle.
|So I marked off those dimensions . . .|
|. . . and used a cut-off disk in my Dremel to make three quick, straight cuts.|
|The cutting created some melted plastic around the cuts themselves, which I trimmed off with a chisel blade in my X-Acto knife.|
|Then it was just a matter of filing down the corners to make things look a bit nicer.|
|Here's the finished product, with the throttle firmly seated and the handle adequately accommodated.|
|Since the holder was finally finished, there was no longer any reason to hold off on installing it. Unfortunately, it didn't come with any mounting screws but I had some suitable ones on-hand (would've been more suitable if they'd been black though).|
|And here it is in place along with the other electronics under Middletown.|
After a few days, I realized two things: 1) I'd mounted the throttle a bit too low on the fascia and figured it'd look better up higher. So I moved it. . .