But before plunking down $55 for a kit, I figured I'd make a mockup of the main building. Walthers provides the overall dimensions, so it was just a matter of measuring out the matboard, cutting & gluing:
|I discovered AFTER I'd already made a few mockups that I have this handy-dandy assembly jig from Micro-Mark. I HIGHLY recommend it!|
|Since the building is pretty large, and the roof was going to be in two sections, I decided to install this ridgeline brace.|
|The roof area was large & unwieldy, so I decided to do it in two sections, using masking tape to join them and provide a hinge.|
Here's a shot looking south toward the freighthouse and station....
|I won't be able to include that cool house to the left since it'd be in the aisle|