Well, finally, today, with help (and not a little added motivation) from my friend Roman, I Worked On The Layout.
We cut a LOT of cardboard strips...
And we installed the (last of the) bus (yay!) and mainline feeders (double yay!)...
Ok, nothing sexy, but it had to be done.
Best part of all, though, was that even this little bit of progress has energized me to keep going. So hopefully I'll have even more progress to show soon.
But first, I may need to clean up a bit. Ugh.
Well, it IS a hobby after all... it's supposed to fill in the time between commitments in the real world, in a pleasant, non-stressful, rewarding manner. So, if the layout sits for 1.5 months, well... it'll be there when you get back, right?ReplyDelete
That said, great to see some progress. You're building an achievable layout that's going to be a lot of fun to run and look really good when it's done. I enjoy following your progress from a distance.
Thanks Trevor! I have to admit, lately I don't know how "achievable" this layout truly is - I can't help but think I've still bitten off more than I can chew - but I have to remember, as you say, it IS a hobby after all. And once I *do* get to work on it, I do make pretty good progress. Case in point - just got some more done today, so hopefully I'll have another post soon. Thanks for taking the time to comment - as a fellow blogger I know you know how great comments and feedback are for motivation - so thank you for checking in!Delete